Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Working Out With Kids--Elmocize


As a SAHM money is tight. One of the places I look for DVDs to workout to is at the library. Our library does not have a large selection of workout videos for adults but they do have some for kids. My son is in love with Elmo and so we recently tried out Elmocize. The video is very cute. It has fun songs and of course Elmo. The whole premise is that Elmo is trying to convince a reporter that exercising is easy, fun and good for you. There are numerous segments that show different types of exercises that you can do. They dance, do the bunny hop and even do segment about working out in a chair for disabled people.

It is a very cute video but my son could care less about it. When we watch the video I was trying to follow the exercises that they were doing which was hard to do at times. There is a lot of downtime and my son just sat and watched me. We did not find the video very engaging for him at all. We might try it again when he is a little older but I am still in pursuit of the perfect workout video to do with my toddler!

No comments: