Monday, February 4, 2008

Working Out Together

Well for the past two Sundays, my husband and I have worked out together. We are currently participating in a Family Biggest Loser Competition and so we are working hard to lose weight and get in shape. My husband prefers running over all other forms of exercise but with our cold days and high snowbanks...running outside has been difficult. He does get out about once a week but the rest of his workouts have been 2 old Power 90 videos that we have.

Last Sunday I joined him as Tony Horton worked us hard in his sweat workout. This Sunday I had my husband try The Firm :) I picked the video with the least amount of aerobics (he calls it dancing). I picked the old Body Sculpt VHS with Jennifer Carman. He used the original Fanny Lifter (although he would kill me if he knew I was telling people this) and I used the Transfirmer. It was a laugh watching him do the very feminine stretches and the few short aerobics segments. He could not keep up.

When we were through he told me that it was too girly for his liking and that he would stick with Tony Horton and his much more straightforward and "manly" routines. He did however admit that he got a good workout from it and at times found it challenging (especially when you increase your weights). So I guess next week we will head back to Power 90 or maybe break out a little Tae Bo with Billy Blanks :)

No comments: