Friday, May 13, 2011

Changing Up the Workout

Today I was all set to start my workout (Z was at a friends and C was sleeping) when I looked out at the 3 yards of mulch that needed to be spread.  I thought about the rainy weekend forecast, looked at the beautiful sunny day and told Tony that I had to get my cardio in moving mulch.  So I spent 60 minutes working hard, lifting, moving, running and sweating.  In the end I moved about a yard of the mulch and felt not only accomplished that I got my heart going but also that I helped to work on a much needed home task.  As a mom we have to do what we have to do and get the workout in anyway we can :)  I think that Tony and Coach Lauren would understand my reasons and like the fact that I do plan to do a pilates workout to stretch out my back from all that shoveling today :) 

No comments: